RECODA’s Legal Framework / Ordinance
The Regional Corridors Development Authorities Ordinance of 2006 was passed by the Sarawak State Legislative Assembly on 11 December 2006.
The ordinance defines RECODA’s role in terms of five objectives:
- To manage and promote development of the Regional Corridor
- To ensure expeditious and efficient mobilisation of projects and optimise the use of the state’s natural resources, including hydropower, to facilitate development of the Corridor
- To plan for the development of the Corridor
- To implement the plans and projects for the development of the Corridor
- To service investor clients.